Monday, March 10, 2014

rock labs

 My favorite three types of Rocks are Chalk, Obsidian, and Slate.

I guess I just really like the color slate, and the magazine Slate, and the sound slate. So when I had to chose three favorite rocks from three types of rocks for Metamorphosis I picked Slate. Metamorphosis rocks were other types of rocks then through pressure or some other effect became another type of rock. Slate originates from shale.

When I started to research slate  I realized how important it was to me. Along with my favorite sedimentary rock, slate is part of an awesome team. I want to be a professor and so I'm going to spend a lot of time with slate (ignore white boards)

And since we're here why don't we also talk about the second part of the team. Chalk a porous sedimentary rock.


  
That's a picture from a chalk board I made. Sedimentary rocks are a collection of material of the same type that form a rock. Chalk and Slate are as much a part of the University tradition as anything you could imagine.

The last rock is completely unconnected. Obsidian, in real life, is a cool igneous that is class like and formed in volcanoes. And while that is cool- a lot of lore, specifically Game of Thrones refers to obsidian as dragon glass.


So if you need to kill a white walker, you obviously use a glass blade, that's inside still contains dragon breath.




along with these rocks it would be useful to know the 12 orders of soil though they won't help you kill ice zombies 

http://www.cals.uidaho.edu/soilorders/orders.htm

There is a chart to make classification of these twelve 


No comments:

Post a Comment